Dermatochalasis Treatment in Phoenix, AZ
Dermatochalasis is a condition where the skin and underlying tissue of the upper eyelid become lax and sag. This can cause the eyelid to droop or appear heavy, and obstruct vision. Dermatochalasis is often a natural part of the aging process, but it can also be caused by other factors such as genetics, sun exposure, and certain medications.
Dr. Lisa Mihora is a board-certified oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Phoenix and Peoria. Dr. Mihora has over 15 years of experience providing surgical treatment for dermatochalasis for patients in Phoenix, Peoria, and throughout the West Valley. Learn more about your treatment options and call us at (623) 522-8687 to schedule your appointment today!
What are the Treatment Options for Dermatochalasis?
Fortunately, there are several treatment options for dermatochalasis. Treatment options include:
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty): This procedure removes excess skin and fat from the eyelid to lift and tighten the eyelid.
- Non-surgical treatments: Non-surgical treatments such as Botox or fillers can be used to lift and tighten the skin of the eyelid. These treatments are temporary and will need to be repeated to maintain the results.
- Lifestyle changes: Making lifestyle changes such as wearing sunglasses to protect the eyes from the sun, using a daily moisturizer to hydrate the skin, and avoiding excessive rubbing of the eyes may help to prevent or reduce the appearance of dermatochalasis.
It is important to consult with an ophthalmologist to determine the best treatment option for your specific needs. They will be able to assess your condition and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan.
What is Blepharoplasty Surgery?
Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, is a surgical procedure that is used to improve the appearance of the upper and/or lower eyelids by removing excess skin, fat, and muscle. It is typically performed to correct sagging or drooping eyelids or to remove bags or bulges under the eyes.
Like any surgical procedure, blepharoplasty carries certain risks and benefits. Some of the potential risks of blepharoplasty include:
- Dry eyes
- Changes in vision
- Difficulty closing the eyes
- Unsatisfactory results
On the other hand, the benefits of blepharoplasty may include:
- Improved appearance of the eyelids
- Enhanced vision by removing excess skin that may be obstructing the field of view Improved self-esteem and confidence
- Long-lasting results, although the effects of aging may eventually resume
It is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of blepharoplasty with a qualified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon like Dr. Mihora before undergoing the procedure. They will be able to advise you on whether blepharoplasty is suitable for you and what to expect from the procedure.
Schedule Your Dermatochalasis Consultation Today
If you are experiencing symptoms of dermatochalasis Dr. Mihora is here to help! Dr. Mihora’s experience and expertise allow her to provide the highest quality of care to her patients. Call Dr. Mihora at (623) 522-8687 to schedule your consultation today!